It’s been a while since there has been a new episode of the Blunt Blowin’ Mama podcast. After a brief hiatus, the Blunt Blowin’ Mama podcast is back! Shonitria and her family got COVID at the end of 2021 and she also took a trip to Lagos, Nigeria — she chats about both on this episode. Last year, y’all asked for a list of Shonitria’s favorite cannabis products, brands and all weed things. This episode Shonitria gives you her 2021 end of year review. 2021 was such a wonderfully innovative year in the cannabis industry, from new tech devices to gloriously awe-mazing new strains.
In this episode we chat about:
- Shonitria’s favorite edibles, strains, dispensaries, and many more cannabis products from 2021
- Since this is a solo episode, you’ll also get a life update from Shonitria and hear what she’s been up to
- What’s next for Blunt Blowin’ Mama!
Even more exciting, a few Black woman-owned dispensaries opened its doors last year in Los Angeles, California. Adult use of cannabis became legal in Los Angeles in 2018 and there are over 200 dispensaries in LA. It wasn’t until 2021 that a Black woman owned shop joined the ranks of the hundreds of operating dispensaries. It feels so aspirational and appropriate to have at the moment three Black woman owned cannabis shops be open for business serving their communities. It truly brings a new meaning to the popular phrase, “Buy weed from Black women.” It’s my hope many more BIPOC dispensaries open across the United States as more states legalize cannabis.
Speaking of women, it’s no coincidence that many of the brands and products I mention on this episode are owned by women. The future of cannabis is female without a shadow of a doubt. The sexiest and asthetically pleasing products like the Aurora bong by My Bud Vase and the Chill Stone joint holder by JTT Accessories — both were mentioned in the episode — are explemary examples of exactly where women are taking this industry.
Be sure to check out the brands mentioned in the episode below. She also gets a lil personal (dishes on her trip to Lagos, mental health update and relationship stuff), and she reveals what’s next for Blunt Blowin’ Mama. Blunt Blowin’ Mama is back! We missed you :).
Brands mentioned in the episode:
- Josephine and Billie’s — Black woman-owned LA dispensary
- Gorilla Rx Wellness — Black woman-owned LA dispensary
- Sixty Four And Hope — Black owned LA dispensary
- Los Angeles Patient’s and Caregiver’s Group (LAPCG) — LA dispensary
Fave cannabis devices:
- Puffco — the ”Apple” of the cannabis industry, creator of portable electronic concentrate vaporizer
- My Bud Vase — stylish and discreet bongs that look like vases, woman-owned business, Aurora is a stunner check it out here
- Laundry Day — modern smokeware pipes and accessories, woman-owned business, Tanjun looks good whether you’re smoking out of it or putting it on display.
- Pax — a portable wax and flower vaporizer brand, the Pax 3 is a solid dry herb vaporizer for a cleaner smoking experience
- Ardent — the Ardent FX has been called the ”weed easy bake oven,” and perfect for anyone who wants to make edibles at home, Black woman-owned business
Fave strains and weed accessories
- Pure Beauty — Wakanda OG , sativa strain
- Space Force One, indica strain (It’s listed as a hybrid but it gave me a very heavy body high with even heavier sedation)
- Barbari — herbal blends to smoke with your other herb *wink wink*, my fave is the Airplane mode blend, woman owned-company
- Papers and Ink — custom organic hemp rolling papers, WOC owned-business
- Cosmic Pulverizer — POC owned grinder company! The colors are so pretty — my fave is the rose gold 😉
- JTT Accessories — Chill stone joint holder, Black woman-owned business, (my fave is the one with the bee!)
Fave edibles, tinctures and wellness products
- Level EXPERIENCE tablets — discreet way to medicate without getting too high, perfect for microdosing
- Om Wellness — I’m obsessed with the Body Oils, Bath Salts, and basically everything! Woman-owned business
- Foria — has the perfect cannabis infused intimate products and lubricants
- Lost Farms — strain specific edibles that I truly feel kick in way faster than your typical edibles. My fave is the Blue Dream fruit chews
- Care By Design — wellness brand with my favorite tinctures and edibles! I adore the Effects line with Relax, Relief and Focus being my faves!
- Kiskanu — you really can’t go wrong with any of the products on this site — I’ve tried almost all of them and love them all. My fave at the moment is the toner 🙂
Fave cannabis books and fun tings!
Listen to episode 142 of the Blunt Blowin’ Mama podcast below.
Want to learn about how to incorporate cannabis into your lifestyle as a pregnant or breastfeeding parent?
Then the BBM Breastfeeding And Cannabis Workshop and the Pregnancy And Cannabis Workshop is just for you! Shonitria spoke with expert panels on these important topics to answer frequently asked questions so that parents could make informed decisions about the plant during these important times in their lives. Weed is an option and these workshops will leave you with the confidence to make the decision that’s best for you when it comes to the plant.
Don’t miss out on these popular episodes of the Blunt Blowin’ Mama podcast!